How would you feel if you got an opportunity to move to a different country? Would you take that opportunity? Alma Vivero, a student of mine, did. A chance to move to the US came her way and she went for it. But when she and her family landed in the states, she realized that the English spoken in the US was different from the English she had learned before.
But Alma didn’t let that stop her. And this is how our paths crossed.
In this episode we talk about her immigration experience and the speaking habits that have made her English more aligned with the English around her and her confidence stronger than ever. Since then, she has also become an ambassador in my signature program NEW SOUND. There she helps other new speakers of English on their journeys.
Have you had a similar experience to Alma’s? Let me know in the comments below.
Quick navigation (YouTube video):
– Navigating English in a new environment
– Finding Hadar online
– Building the habit of practicing English
– Seeing the change
– The importance of a supportive community
– Helping others as a New Sound ambassador
– Funny incidents in a new culture
– New Sound: English as a tool to change lives and gain more freedom