English words can be really confusing sometimes.
In these how-to-pronounce episodes published on Fridays, I’ll help you with the pronunciation of confusing words.
This week we’re going to talk about how to pronounce the days of the week.
Here’s a loose transcription of the words as explained in the episode:
- Day: dei [IPA: deɪ]
- Sunday suhn-dei [IPA: ˈsʌndeɪ]
- Monday: muhn-dei [IPA: ˈmʌndeɪ]
- Tuesday: tyuwz-dei [IPA: ˈtjuːzdeɪ] or tuwz-dei [IPA: ˈtuːzdeɪ]
- Wednesday: wenz-dei [IPA: ˈwenzdeɪ]
- Thursday: th’rz-dei [IPA: ˈθɜːrzdeɪ]
- Friday: frai-dei [IPA: ˈfraɪdeɪ ]
- Saturday: sa-d’r-dei [IPA: ˈsæɾərdeɪ]
Check out the episode about Tuesday vs.Thursday: https://theaccentsway.com/tuesday-thursday/
Did you know we’re working on a new and exciting transformational program? Get on the list to find out when we open doors! https://hadarshemesh.com/join/
You can also download an interactive list of 50 of the most mispronounced words in English and master the pronunciation of those tricky words: https://theaccentsway.com/mispro-signup/
Join our Facebook community to connect with non-native English learners from all over the world: https://theaccentsway.com/influency-community/