English words can be really confusing sometimes.
In these how-to-pronounce episodes published on Fridays, I’ll help you with the pronunciation of confusing words.
This week we’re going to talk about some of the most difficult words in tech for non-native speakers.
To get the free pronunciation cheat-sheet and audio go to the magazine post here: https://theaccentsway.com/top-10-tech/
Here’s a loose transcription of the words as explained in the episode:
- Algorithm: al-guh-ri-th’m [IPA: ˈælɡəˌɹɪðəm]
- Developer: duh-ve-luh-p’r [IPA: dəˈveləpəɹ]
- Editor: e-duh-d’r [IPA: ˈedəɾəɹ]
- Automation: aa-duh-mey-sh’n [IPA: ˌɑːɾəˈmeɪʃən] or o-duh-mey-sh’n [IPA: ˌɔːɾəˈmeɪʃən]
- Architecture: ar-ki-tek-ch’r [IPA: ˈɑːɹkɪtektʃəɹ]
- Firewall: fai-y’r-waal [IPA: ˈfaɪəɹwɑːl] or fai-y’r-wol [IPA: ˈfaɪəɹwɔːl]
- Hardware: haard-wer [IPA: ˈhɑːɹd weɹ]
- Software: saaft-wer [ˈsɑːft weɹ] or soft-wer [ˈsɔːftweɹ]
- Framework: freym-w’rk [IPA: ˈfreɪm wɜːɹk]
- Server: s’r-v’r [IPA: ˈsɜːɹvəɹ]
- Infrastructure: in-fruh-struk-ch’r [IPA: ˈɪnfɹəˌstrʌktʃəɹ]
If you want to improve your accent and understand spoken English better, download my free American Accent audio crash course: https://theaccentsway.com/audio-accent-course/
You can also download an interactive list of 50 of the most mispronounced words in English and master the pronunciation of those tricky words: https://theaccentsway.com/mispro-signup/
Join our Facebook community to connect with non-native English learners from all over the world: https://theaccentsway.com/influency-community/