Do you get frustrated when you forget to use all the new words, correct tenses and prepositions when speaking EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW THEM?!?
The English that we know and the English that we speak are not the same. When we write, we have more time to think, retrieve words, and organize our thoughts.
When we speak sometimes we go into ‘survival mode’ or ‘autopilot’ – and we forget to use all that lovely grammar that we know.
Why is that?
And does it mean that we need to learn it again and again until we ‘get it’?
If you want to use spontaneously the grammar that you know when speaking, one of the things that can really help you is to think about it like habits.
You have gotten used to speaking with certain speaking habits, and to change them you need to create NEW habits.
How do we create new habits? Through consistent repetition.
But here’s the catch – how can you create new speaking patterns if you don’t use them?
Listen to this episode to find out:)
Sign up to learn about Beyond – our community and program where you can change your speaking habits! https://hadarshemesh.com/beyond-early-bird/
Here are some of the episodes I mentioned that can help:
- How To Learn New Vocabulary? Build Pronunciation Confidence ? https://theaccentsway.com/how-to-learn-new-vocabulary/
- Boost your PRONUNCIATION, GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY with this 10-min daily exercise | Hadar’s #SPRINT https://theaccentsway.com/sprint-with-hadar/
- 15 Minute Morning Pronunciation Practice for English Learners https://theaccentsway.com/pronunciation-practice-english/
- R in English – make it easy with this 10-min daily practice https://theaccentsway.com/american-r-sound/
- Want to improve your speaking vocabulary? STOP LEARNING NEW WORDS✋ https://theaccentsway.com/improve-speaking-vocabulary/