Gal Gadot’s name pronunciation with an Israeli accent is quite different from how most English speakers pronounce it. And now that Wonder Woman 1984 is OUT, let’s talk about how to pronounce Gal Gadot’s name correctly. As an Israeli, I can’t ignore the fact that the way English speakers pronounce her name is quite different than how we pronounce it in Hebrew.
So today I’ll teach you how to speak with an ISRAELI ACCENT 😉 But I’ll also mention why I think Gal is so awesome when it comes to English.
Also, a few fun facts about Gal:
- Her first name means ‘wave’ and her last name means ‘riverbanks’
- Gal Gadot is her REAL name
- When she was 18 she was ‘Miss Israel’
- When she lived in Tel Aviv we lived 10 minutes away from each other
- Samara Bay, a good friend and a guest on my channel was Gal Gadot’s dialect coach on WW1984
- I have yet to find someone who does a really good impression of Gal and her pronunciation. For example, this doesn’t sound like an Israeli Accent to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nv1KoqM6vc
- In general I haven’t found anyone pulling off a REALLY good Israeli accent. If you know of someone, let me know in the comments.
Even though I coached most of Gal’s Israel actor-friends, I never got to personally work with Gal
To watch the video version of the episode and check out the full clips shown in the video, go here: https://theaccentsway.com/how-to-pronounce-gal-gadots-name/
More useful episodes:💪
The TRUTH About How We TALK And How We Get HEARD ✊ With Samara Bay: https://theaccentsway.com/how-we-talk-with-samara-bay/
Speak English Like A Native Speaker – THE MYTH: https://theaccentsway.com/speak-english-like-a-native-speaker-myth/
DON’T ASK me about my ACCENT: https://theaccentsway.com/dont-ask-about-my-accent/
This Really Helped Me Become Fluent: https://theaccentsway.com/this-helped-me-become-fluent/