Did you know that there’s almost NO DIFFERENCE between intonation of a statement and a question?? No wonder it’s hard to understand native speakers!
In this episode you’ll learn the difference between the intonation of statements, YES/NO questions, and WH questions, and you’ll also get to practice it, so you can make it your own!
Download the practice sheet and audio to practice intonation of questions: https://bit.ly/3bU3mBs
Understanding the difference between statements and questions can really help you understand native speakers better, and more importantly to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
Want to hear my student’s story on how he faced communication challenges with his American colleagues because of intonation? You can read all about it in my blogpost: https://bit.ly/38UFkEn
And don’t forget to download the practice sheet+audio: https://bit.ly/3bU3mBs
You can also subscribe to my newsletter to get my stories and video lessons every Tuesday: https://theaccentsway.com/
More episodes related to intonation:
- American INTONATION – What They Don’t Teach You in School https://theaccentsway.com/american-intonation/
- How to Practice Your Intonation In English [Podcast] – https://hadarshemesh.com/podcast/13/
- How to sound like Reese Witherspoon https://theaccentsway.com/rhythm/
- American Intonation and Public Speaking with Shonda Rhimes https://theaccentsway.com/shonda-rhimes-speech/
- What makes a voice sound natural?🤔 https://theaccentsway.com/natural-voice/